Gluten-Free Amaranth Porridge
Amaranth is a superfood rich in protein, fiber, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and magnesium. It helps to regulate blood pressure and cholesterol and also contributes indirectly to weight loss since it provides satiety. Besides, it contributes to better bowel function and the improvement of the immune system.
There are many ways that you can add this healthy grain into your diet. This protein porridge it's a great option for breakfast or a snack in the afternoon.
- 1/2 cup Zola Foods amaranth grain (soak in water for 2 hours)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or other vegetable milk)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 banana
- cinnamon powder
- Once soaked, drain the amaranth using a colander.
- Place the amaranth in a pan and add the milk, honey, and cinnamon stick.
- After boiling, reduce the heat and cook with lid closed for ca. 20 minutes further.
- Turn off the heat and pour the mixture into a serving bowl.
- Add the toppings to taste.
- Almond butter
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds