✓ 100% Natural;
✓ Contains high levels of protein and energy;
✓ Rich in minerals like iron, magnesium, zinc phosphorus, and copper;
✓ Comes in two sizes: 50g and 100g.
What it is:
Marula is an abundant multipurpose tree found in different regions of Africa. It is a deciduous tree belonging to the same family as cashews, mango, and pistachio. Most well known for its fruits that ‘drive elephants mad’ when dropped to the ground and lightly fermented, marula is a much-loved tree in the veld in Africa. Marula season is a time of festivity that cannot be compared to any other time of the year.
Both the nuts and the fruits have been considered to be sources of nutrition for African people for a very long time, but it's the nuts that hold the magic of marula: the kernel. Eaten raw or roasted, they are regarded as a delicacy because of their delicious taste and delicate aroma.
Zola Food's Marula nuts are an excellent and tasteful source of nutrients. It makes a healthy snack and also a versatile ingredient to meals throughout the day: a great gluten-free and vegan addition to salads, pasta dishes, and various baked goods.
How to use:
• The nuts can be eaten like any other nut, making good nutritious snacks and are consumed raw or roasted.
• They can also be used to make nut butter (substitute for peanut butter).
• Try them with cinnamon and honey for a sweet treat, or lightly salt them with Himalayan salt for a savory snack.
• Used in many baked preparations, such as cakes and bread, for adding a special flavor.
• Amazing for pesto recipes.